A/N: So, I feel like this chapter was just thrown together, and it was. It wasn't easy for me to write at all. I actually didn't even want to write it, but I had to, for the story's sake. =D So bare with me.
My eyes danced over his bare back as I watched Mike pull boxers on after he climbed out of bed. “Are you making breakfast this morning?” I asked with a smile, holding the white sheets around my body, sitting up in bed. He began to laugh and looked over his shoulder after pulling on jeans.
“You know I don’t cook.”
“Maybe you should learn some things.”
“Well I know a few things, but I don’t need to learn how to cook a full blown breakfast, that’s what cereal is for.”
I groaned inwardly, I’d been trying to get him to cook me breakfast for two months, he just couldn’t take a hint. He was clueless to most hints I dropped by him anyways. He’s so blind. I climbed out of bed and went straight for the bathroom where I got ready for my day.
After getting ready, I headed out to his kitchen where he was sitting at the counter eating cereal. “Leaving already?” He asked grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me into a hug.
“I am, I have a lot of stuff to do today,” I smiled at him before pecking him on the lips. I winked at him before collecting my things and walking out the door. I climb into my new car parked on the street and whisper sweet nothings to her as I start her up and begin my journey through the snow covered roads.
I arrived safely back at home, and grabbed my overnight bag before trekking up to the front door. I unlocked the door and walked in, dropping my bags on the hallway bench and headed straight to the kitchen for hot chocolate and a real breakfast. I looked around and noticed dishes from the previous night were still the sink, which meant Brooks was still in bed. He was pretty good about doing the dishes on mornings I was at Mike’s house. I took a deep breath and then suddenly heard pounding above me. Brooks’ bedroom is directly above the kitchen, what the hell was he doing? I headed for the stairs, and once I climbed half way up I heard it. The moans, the creaking, the grunts and the small screams.
I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Brooks was having sex. Sex! I stayed on the stairs and strained my ears to listen in. Her voice was crystal clear, which only meant one thing, his door was open. Dare I? I tiptoed my way up the rest of the stairs and stopped a few feet away from his door. Her name is Ashley. Brooks was kind enough to use her name while asking if she liked it “right there”. Why were my men leaving me for women named Ashley? I pinched my eyes shut and shook my head. Brooks isn’t my man and I left Steve. It’s not Ashley’s fault! I opened my eyes back up and his moans and her screams were getting louder. Is that what I would do if Brooks was nailing me? Scream my vocal chords out? I took the last few steps forward and peaked in. HOLY SHIT!
How? How does a woman twist her body like that? But most of all, how did I not know how amazing Brooks’ ass is? So firm and round. WHAT? I sneak back downstairs and grab my iPod out of my purse and shove my earphones deep into my ears before plopping down on the couch. Now I know how Brooks felt when he heard Mike and I going at it. It fucking sucks. Seeing him, and hearing them, I need to change my underwear, but I don’t want to go back upstairs. I close my eyes and wait it out.
Sometime later a loud scream caused me to go flying off of the couch. I turned around to see Ashley in one of Brooks’ shirts, with Brooks right behind her. “What are you doing home so early?” Brooks asked quickly, his eyes ready to bulge out of his head.
“I got annoyed with Mike, kinda, over breakfast, decided to come home. Who’s your friend?” I asked with the biggest fake smile I could muster.
“Um, Niko, this is Ashley. Ash this is Veronica.” He has a nickname for her. I almost want to throw up. For a millisecond I feel like I’m being replaced. I’m . . . jealous.
“Hi, it’s nice to meet you,” I say to her, fake smile still on my face.
“It’s nice to meet you too,” she mumbles trying to cover her face that is quickly turning a bright shade of red. She pointed to the stairs and mumbled a few words I didn’t catch before running upstairs. I dragged my eyes away from the stairs and glared at Brooks.
“When were you going to tell me you got a girlfriend? I’ve been freaking out because you just disappeared on me Tuesday! Don’t you think it would have been easier if you would have just told me?”
He scratched the back of his neck and I knew he was trying to come up with the right words. The right words to not piss me off royally. “She’s not my girlfriend.”
“Oh!” He had what I was having, I guess. Great sex, and just casual get-togethers, or as some people would call “dates”.
“I met her last night at a bar,” he shouted out and I looked at him in complete shock. That was so unlike Brooks. He was never the type to just bring a girl home.
“Wow. That’s um . . . amazing that, uh . . . you remember her name. Good conversation?”
“Oh shut up, you should be happy I’m getting some, I’ve been really uptight lately.” Uptight? Was he really uptight? I hadn’t noticed. His sex life was none of my business, but I didn’t know he was so deprived of sex that he was what he considered ‘uptight’. “So I take it you heard us, considering the iPod?” He asked as a slight blush crossed his face.
“Oh, I more than heard. I didn’t know what was going on, so I went up stairs and might have accidentally looked in your room to see what all the racquet was about.” Okay, so it was a small white lie. I couldn’t actually tell him curiosity got the best of me and wanted to see what he looked like while, well, you know. “It’s not entirely my fault though, you left your door WIDE OPEN!”
“So I take it you know what my ass looks like now?”
“Yeah, nothing too exciting.” Lie.
“I’m surprised we didn’t walk in on you masturbating or something. I mean I was putting on quiet the show. How long did you watch?”
“Not long honestly, just a small peak. Looked pretty boring actually. And for your information I’m as dry as the desert right now, sorry hun, watching you have sex just doesn’t get me off.” Complete lie.
“It doesn’t because you don’t know how amazing it is.”
“And I never will.” Hopefully a lie.
He rolled his eyes and headed back upstairs. I let out the breath I was holding and looked around the living room. I heard my phone beep and got up from the couch and pulled it out of my purse. A new email . . . from Steve. This morning couldn’t get any fucking better.
You can’t avoid me forever.
“Yes I can,” I groaned as I deleted his email and headed into the kitchen. Ever since he showed up randomly at our doorstep in September I’ve successfully avoided him. I had no idea why he was even trying to talk to me. It was frustrating.
I scrolled through my contacts and landed on my sister’s name. It was pretty early on the west coast, but I knew she was an early bird, and I just needed to talk to someone. Anyone.
“Hey V!” My sister answered brightly after a few rings.
“Hey Jenn, how are you?”
“I’m good, you sound like you’re about to have an anxiety attack, your voice is shaking. What’s wrong?”
I looked around the house before stepping into my boots and taking my conversation outside. Once I felt like I was far enough away from the house and still out of earshot of the neighbors I took a deep breath. “I want to have sex with Brooks. Like bad. My legs are trembling, my breathing is erratic. I just, help me get these thoughts out of my head!”
“Aren’t you sleeping with his teammate?”
“Mike. Yeah we’re somewhat seeing each other. It’s nothing serious. Dinner, movies, sex. Come on Jenn! Help me! I can’t have these thoughts in my head about my best friend, it’s just wrong!”
“Just sleep with him! Best friends do it all the time!”
I sighed heavily, watching my breath float around me in the cold. “No, you don’t understand. We’ve never even kissed before. We don’t go past hugs and kisses on the cheek. That’s just how we are. No complications, we like it like that.”
“Oh! I could have sworn you guys have made out before.”
“Nope. Never.”
“Well then, start thinking about all of his bad habits. The things that would for sure turn a girl off. Marty does crap all the time that makes me question my health concerns when I sleep with him.” I sat there and thought about what Brooks does that could be a turn off.
“Um, coming up with blanks here.”
“So are you completely turned on right now?”
“Yeah,” I mumbled, embarrassed.
“Then go have sex with Mike! Get your mind off of Brooks and on to him!”
“Why am I thinking about Brooks this way though?”
“I don’t know. Maybe your biological clock is reminding you to find a baby daddy soon, and we all know how amazing Brooks is going to be as a father.”
“Okay enough! That’s not helping!”
“Hey, you called me.”
“I know, sorry. I’m just really confused. Red flags are going up everywhere, I don’t even know if I can go back in the house.”
“Then go to Mike’s!” She laughed and I nodded my head. That idea was throwing red flags up too. It wasn’t even 10 AM yet and all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep the day away.
Thirty minutes later I found myself knocking on Mike’s door in nothing but a trench coat and stilettos. Which was a stupid idea considering the weather; luckily I didn’t come across any people because they would know for sure what I was up to.
Mike swung the door open and a smile played over his face as he stepped aside and allowed me to walk in. “Are you alone?” I asked running my fingers over his jaw.
“Yup, just me. What are you wearing under there?” He asked with a smirk as he trailed his fingers along the bottom of my coat. I felt like such a slut. Like I was making up to Mike for thinking about dirty, raunchy sex with Brooks. I untied the belt, and pulled the coat open to show him what I was wearing, or in this case what I wasn’t wearing. “Is it my birthday or something?” he laughed running his cold hands up my stomach and cupping my breasts.
“I couldn’t stop thinking about you since I left, and I’ve been like this ever since,” I smiled grabbing his hand and placing it between my legs. Two of his fingers immediately bolted up inside of me easily due to my wetness.
“Maybe you should leave and come back more often,” he grinned as he continued his finger assault on me. He pulled his fingers out and rolled my clit around all while kissing along my neck line. The quicker his fingers got the closer I got to an orgasm. When I couldn’t handle it any longer, I pushed his hand away from me. “I need you in me Mike. I need you to fuck me.”
It didn’t take much time for him at all to follow my orders. He ran to his bedroom, grabbed a condom and then shoved me up against the wall. Rough, passionate sex. Screams leaving my lips telling him to go faster and to go harder. My mind was completely gone as I dug my finger nails into his back, feeling my whole body tense before an explosion that would send me to tears.
I couldn’t keep myself up on my own two legs, I had to lean into the wall for support. “Why are you crying?” He breathed out, placing a few fingers under my chin, bringing my eyes up to his. I tried to hide the disappointment when I realized he wasn’t who I thought he was. Mike didn’t deserve this. He didn’t deserve any of this. I completely fucked up.
“I’m sorry Mike, I can’t do this.”

I'm almost completely team brooks, and now I'm sitting here dying to know what "I can't do this" means. Is she done with Mike? And if she is, does that mean she's ready to tell Brooks how she feels about him?
ReplyDeleteGod I love this!!!!
Oh My God, talk about my guilty pleasure. This story has got me crazy! I shouldn't mention this but Brooks sounds like he's amazing lol.
ReplyDeleteGah, she needs to get over Mike and go with Brooks. Great update K.
Oh. My. Dear. Lord.
ReplyDeleteFirst off, AMAZING update. "Thrown together" my ass.
Second... perhaps this is the catalyst Veronica and Brooks needed to hook up. At least she didn't call out Brooks's name. Mmm, now *I'm* imagining sex with Brooks.
Holy mother of cliffhangers. I'm dying from the suspense. I can't wait for your next post to see where this goes.
Oh. My. God. I agree with Jay: Holy mother of cliffhangers. You can't leave us hanging like that!
ReplyDeleteI'm just wow'ing at so many facets of this chapter right now. However, I don't think anything was wrong with it- it makes sense that you had to push the chapter this way so that you can transition later.
Whether you liked it or not, I very much enjoyed it :D
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ReplyDeleteI WANT BROOKS AND HER TO HAVE BABIES NOW!
Holy cow that was a hot chapter!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what she tells Mike!
ReplyDeleteOH
ReplyDeleteMY
GOD
this was amazing
please update soon before i go crazy lmao
Gah, nice way to leave us hanging - I love what Jay wrote - "holy mother of cliffhangers." She is so right.
ReplyDeletePretty amazing chapter for being just "thrown together" :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteAll I really want is for her and brooks to kiss...just ONE kiss..that's all.
ReplyDeletethe sex with Brooks better be f'in awesome when it happens because Mike is not even allowed on my field anymore. That's right. I banned him. I want to make sure that my full attention is on Team Brooks.
ReplyDeleteSo, please don't let me regret it -sigh-
Oh and is it bad that I want to pretend that Ashley was me with Brooks (since that's my name?) No? Good =D
GAH!!! Poor Mike!
ReplyDeleteOk first. AWESOME!!! I know you really struggled with it, but that didn't show at ALL! So kudos there.
Second... for the judges scores!
Brooks' ass gets a 5.8
Ashley gets at 5.2 <- never go home with a guy from the bar hunny... they're just dirty.
Mike gets a 5.4 <- he's so clueless it's almost cute.
Niko gets a 5.5 <- TELL BROOKS ALREADY!
Team Brooks 65%
Team Mike 35%
oh baby.
ReplyDeletecrazyface update! :)
OH god... ok, speechless...
ReplyDeleteI don't even know what I want to happen. Poor Mike... poor Niko... /sigh.
I need to next update ASAP!! That's all I can say... I'm sort of dying.
ahh cliffhanger! At least now I think she's thinking about Brooks more, and I think she may have finally gone over the edge, at least subconsciously?
ReplyDelete